- 7:30 p.m.
- The 4th Wednesday of each month
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Deborah Abel, Chair
- Jeffrey Broadbelt, Vice Chair
- Todd Asousa
- Greg Davis
- John Laumer
- Peter Fixler
- Michael Chain
About the Commission
The Planning Commission is a seven-member board appointed by the Board of Supervisors for four-year, staggered terms. Meetings and procedures are governed by the Municipal Planning Code of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Documents Under Review
The Planning Commission reviews:
- Subdivision and land development plans
- Conditional use applications
- Lot line changes
Steps to Follow When Submitting a Plan
Developers follow these steps when submitting a plan to the township:
- Presentation of proposal and drawings of sketch, preliminary or final plans to township staff
- Review of plans by Planning Commission at regular public meetings
- Presentation and open discussion
- Township engineer determines technical completeness
- Township manager and counsel determine code compliance
- Appeal to Zoning Hearing Board for variances
- Request policy or plan conformance review (if variances are granted)
- Return to Planning Commission, which makes recommendations to Board of Supervisors
- Submits final plan to Board of Supervisors for public hearing
Citizens Attending Meetings
Because planning is a continuous process that shapes and guides the physical growth of East Whiteland in harmony with its social and economic needs, the Planning Commission encourages all residents to attend its meetings to express their views.
East Whiteland maintains a docket listing of development proposals under review.