Linden Hall, once known as the General Wayne Tavern, was constructed crica 1808.
The inn was considered a "coach and wagon stand." More likely, Conestoga Wagons were on their way west and east of Philadelphia.
The name changed to Linden Hall after the large Linden trees in front of the Inn along Route 30, known than as the Lancaster Turnpike, the first toll road of its kind in the country.
The inn is located at 433 Lancaster Pike.