Gunkle Spring Mill is a nationally registered historical resource. Michael Gunkle built Spring Mill, his first mill, in 1793. The structure represents post-Revolutionary development in the Great Valley. During this period, trails became wagon roads - then turnpikes - as stone houses, manors and stone barns began to replace earlier log structures because of increasing affluence.
By 1872 the mill processed 1,800 tons of flour, feed, corn and oats yearly. At the peak of its productivity, the mill ran 18 hours a day.
Gunkle Mill is now owned and cared for by East Whiteland Township. The Mill, placed on the Historic Register in 1978, is located at 10 Moores Road.